Item Code as Qualifier in Advanced Pricing
A World leading soft drinks manufacturer in Vietnam likes to implement Advance Pricing to incorporate promotion, Deal and Discount for their customers. The customer would like to offer a discount based on an item procured by the customer.
Ex: Provide 7% Discount if the Customer buys Product X.
A line level qualifier based on item code is required to identify the eligible line to provide required discount. However, Standard Oracle does not have Item as a Qualifier.
Resolution:To achieve the solution perform below setups in Oracle Advanced Pricing
- Define “Item Code” in Qualifier Context
- Map the Qualifier Context and Qualifier Attribute
- Link Attribute with Advance Pricing Application
- Run Build Attribute Mapping Concurrent Program
- Create the Qualifier using Item Code
- Define Modifier and Map Item Qualifier
- Run “QP: Maintains the denormalized data in QP Qualifiers” Concurrent Program
This document clearly explains the required setup in screen shots to achieve desired solution along with example.Define “Item Code” in Qualifier Context
To define the Item Code Navigate to setup→Attribute Management→Context and Attributes
Enter Context and Attributes as below
Select next available Qualifier_attribute and Value Set “ONT: Internal_Item”
Map the Qualifier Context and Qualifier Attribute
To define the Item Code Navigate to setup→Attribute Management→ Attribute Linking and Mapping
Select “Order Fulfillment” in Pricing Transaction Entity and “Qualifier Context” in Context Type
Click on “Item_Code” Context and click on “Link Attributes “
Select Level as Line and Attribute Mapping Method as “Attribute Mapping”.
Enable “LOV Enabled, Use in limits, Attribute Mapping Enabled options.
Link Attribute with Advance Pricing Application
Click on Attribute Mapping button
Attribute Mapping Page opens. Select “Advanced Pricing” against Request Type “ONT” and enter “PL/SQL API" as User Source Type and “OE_ORDER_PUB.G_LINE.inventory_item_id” as user value string. Save the Record and close the Page.
Run Build Attribute Mapping Concurrent Program
Run Build attribute mapping Program to build newly created mapping Rules and ensure that the Program completes in normal.
Create the Qualifier using Item Code
After successful completion of above program, navigate to Qualifier Setup and Create a Qualifier using Item Code Attribute as below.
Define Modifier and Map the Item Qualifier
Create new modifier or update existing modifier with newly created Qualifier based on Item Code.
Run “QP: Maintains the denormalized data in QP Qualifiers” Concurrent Program
After the completion of modifier setup, Launch Run “QP: Maintains the denormalized data in QP Qualifiers” Concurrent Program for the modifier which was created or updated with Item Qualifier.
Ensure that the Program completed in Normal.
The required Qualifier and modifier setup to apply discount based on Item Code is completed.
After successful completion of setup, create a Sales order with the required item to test the setup.
- Create Sales Order
- Enter Item and the actual Price of the Item is defaulted based on the Price list
- Save/Book the Order to view the discounted Price in Order line. Click on “Additional Line Information” and Select “View Adjustment” to see the applied modifer.
- Add another line with different Item (Which is not enabled as Qualifier) to check the Qualifer.
- Save or Book the Order to view the Modifer applied on new line.
- Click on “Additional Line Information” and Select “View Adjustment” to see the applied modifer. View adjustment screen does not show any record as the line is not elgible to apply mofier.
--- Suresh Kumar Mani